Inspecting Image Content
During the analysis of container images the Anchore Engine performs deep inspection, collecting data on all artifacts in the image including files, operating system packages and software artifacts such as Ruby GEMs and Node.JS NPM modules.
image content command can be used to return detailed information about the content of the container image.
anchore-cli image content INPUT_IMAGE CONTENT_TYPE
The INPUT_IMAGE can be specified in one of the following formats:
- Image Digest
- Image ID
the CONTENT_TYPE can be one of the following types:
- os: Operating System Packages
- files: All files in the image
- npm: Node.JS NPM Modules
- gem: Ruby GEMs
- java: Java Archives
- python: Python Artifacts
anchore-cli image content debian:latest files
The CLI will output a subseet of fields from the content view, for example for
files on the file name and size are displayed. To retrieve the full output the
--json parameter should be passed.
anchore-cli --json image content debian:latest files
- View security vulnerabilities in the image
- Evaluate the image against policies you create
- Subscribe to receive notifications when the image is updated, when the policy status changes, or when new vulnerabilites are detected.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.