What is Anchore Enterprise?
Anchore Enterprise is the commercial product built on the open-source Anchore Engine, with added components and features to enhance the use of Anchore at an organizational level, visualize data, and provide additional installation options to meet enterprise needs. It also adds services and support to both the open-source and proprietary components.
What is Anchore Engine?
Anchore Engine is an open-source Docker container static analysis and policy-based compliance tool that automates the inspection, analysis, and evaluation of images against user-defined checks to allow high confidence in container deployments by ensuring workload content meets the required criteria. Anchore Engine ultimately provides a policy evaluation result for each image: pass/fail against policies defined by the user. Additionally, the way that policies are defined and evaluated allows the policy evaluation itself to double as an audit mechanism that allows point-in-time evaluations of specific image properties and content attributes.
Anchore Enterprise vs. Anchore Engine
Anchore Enterprise provides features and capabilities in addition to those of the open-source Anchore Engine.
- On-premises UI for visualization, policy editing, report generation, and user management
- RBAC support for the APIs
- Proprietary vulnerability data feeds to significantly enhance vulnerability detection in application packages and libraries (e.g. python, ruby gems, nodejs packages, java jars…)
- Fully On-Premises Vulnerability Feed Service providing vulnerability and package metadata
- Full data provenance from vendor sources (RedHat, Debian, etc) into the analysis engine
- Enables Air-Gapped deployments
- Commercial Support (8 / 5 or 24 / 7)
- On-Premises Anchore Engine (Open Source)
- On-Premises Anchore Enterprise UI
- On-Premises Feed Service
- RBAC Management API
- RBAC Authorization Plugin (used with the Anchore Engine)
Now, let’s get familiar with the architecture of Anchore Enterprise.
To begin, go to Anchore Enterprise Architecture
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.