Notifications to Jira are in the form of new issues in a project.
Do the following to receive Jira notifications.
- Provide the following required Jira account and project related information.
- URL of the Jira project.
- Username of the account for creating issues.
- API token or password depending on the Jira project.
- For Jira Cloud projects an API token is required. Follow instructions to create a new API token for the account creating issues.
- For Jira Self-managed projects password of the account creating issues is required.
- Project key, same as the prefix in the issue identifier. For instance, issue
TEST-1has the project key
- Type of the issue created such as
Story, and so on.
- (Optional) priority assigned to the issue such as
High, and so on.
- (Optional) one or more labels to be assigned to the issue.
- (Optional) Jira user to be assigned to the issue.
- Create a Jira endpoint configuration in the Notifications service either via Enterprise UI, or the API directly.
Last modified March 24, 2022